Tuesday, June 10, 2008

New York City

I'm a little late posting these, but Memorial Day weekend Andy & I went to New York. Our 10 year wedding anniversary is coming up and my birthday was May 24th so this trip was a celebration of my birthday and our anniversary. We had a great time, but were completely exhausted from trying to fit everything in to 3 days. We went to see The Lion King, which is absolutely amazing....a definite must see. We also went to a New York Yankees game, Dinner at the Rainbow Room on top of Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Shopping on Fifth Avenue and Times Square, Ground Zero, Battery Park to see the Statue of Liberty, and went to Brooklyn to eat pizza at Di Fara's. While waiting to go up to dinner at the Rainbow Room in the Rockefeller Center we actually saw Conan O'Brien as he was shooting a segment for his show. I was literally a foot away from him and he smiled and said "hello". Then about 2 minutes after that we turned around and saw Abe Vigoda - the grandfather in Look Who's Talking. We had such a great time in NYC. The weather was wonderful - sunshine with temps. in the mid 70's. You couldn't have asked for better weather. I'm already trying to figure out when we can go back just to shop, a few more Broadway plays, and of course pizza at Di Fara's. Here's a few pictures from our trip. There are very few of Andy & I together because we were so busy trying to fit everything in we just didn't stop and ask people to take our picture.


Rink Bar at Rockefeller Center

The New Yankee Stadium- opening 2009

Our view from the very top of Yankee stadium


Yankee Stadium

I think this is Derek Jeter batting? Maybe A-Rod?


Central Park

A view from Central Park

That's not us, but it is the same guy who gave us a
ride from Braodway to our hotel the night before!


The FAO Schwartz Guard

The Ferris wheel inside Toys R Us

A closer look at the Ferris wheel

A little blurry, but this is where we had dinner
before we went to The Lion King

AWESOME!!!!




The Empire State Building

Hey it's my b-day & I'm in NYC


Rockefeller Center



Engine Co. 10 across from Ground Zero

A view of the Statue of Liberty from Battery Park

4 comments:

Jennifer Walker said...

Amazing. I love that city too! Looks like y'all had a great time.

steele family said...

Looks like a great trip! I have always wanted to visit there.

Jean Anne said...

Isn't the BEST city?! I really, really do "HEART" NYC!!! Happy Belated Birthday and Happy Anniversary to you guys! Love you both

NIKKI said...

Oh looks like you had sooo much fun! I want to go sooo bad..neither of us have ever been!
What a GREAT way to celebrate your bday and anniversary!