Friday, July 6, 2007

Trip to the Hub City!

Andy took the afternoon off and we went to have the kids picture made in Petal. I'm ashamed to say that other than a quick Easter pic and Christmas pic, I've only had Ella's picture made one time, which was when she was 3 months old. I know that's awful of me and I feel terrible. I did so good at having the boys pictures taken at 3, 6, 9, and 12 months. I don't know what happened.....I guess it has something to do with her being the 3rd child. Well, I tried to make up for it yesterday. The plan was to have some formal ones made indoors and then head outdoors for some fun outdoor pics of Ella and her big brothers. Well, let's just say things did not go as I had so perfectly envisioned. It started raining about 30 minutes into our drive and didn't let up until about 20 minutes after our session was over. Since Traci's studio is an hour and a half away and I had already made plans to go yesterday afternoon, I was NOT rescheduling. (I know there are lots of good photographers in the Jackson area, but I've been using Traci since Brady was a baby....I wanted Ella to have the same formal picture that I have of Brady & Hudson.) We were just going to make the best of what we had to work with......thank goodness Traci has such an awesome studio and is so creative. Getting three children ages 1, 2, & 4 to cooperate was defninetely a challenge, but they did great and I think she got some pretty good shots. I'll let you be the judge of that....to view go to http://www.tracigoodwin.com/ then chose to view proofs. It will then ask you to login - andicruthirds - and then for my email address - acruthirds@hotmail.com Leave me a comment on which ones are you favorites!


After the pictures, we drove over to Hattiesburg to see our old neighbors and dear friends Dawn, Ashton, & Gentry. They lived next door to us in our very first home! Ashton was 6 and Gentry had just turned 4 when we moved in...they are now 15 and 13! We haven't seen them in a couple of years, so we were completely shocked at how much they have grown! We picked the girls up and then headed to Chuck E Cheese for dinner, our kids needed to get out of the car and run around......a sit down restaurant was not an option for us.......too bad because I sure could have eaten some Crescent City Grill. After Chuck E. Cheese, Dawn was through at work and met up with us at Marble Slab. It was great to catch up with the Dawn and her girls......we miss them so much! Sorry, to all of our other friends who live in Hattiesburg that we weren't able to visit......hopefully we'll be in town again soon and have more time to visit everyone.








Ashton, Dawn, & Gentry

Andy, Gentry, & Ashton

7 comments:

steele family said...

Proof #2 and #17 are my favorites!

Jennifer Walker said...

I can't believe those girls are 15 and 13. I remember when boy Andy was in their dance recital!

Jennifer Walker said...

The pictures are great! You really can't go wrong with any of them.

aisel said...

hey andi! i stumbled across you blog trying to see if you had a face book account =D. The kids are so cute and growing fast! Tell everyone I said hi.

aisel said...

forgot to sign my name =D

Lesia

Mitch and Cindy said...

I love all the pics! I must say though, #35 is really cute!

NIKKI said...

Andi- Those are really cute pics! I love 10, 18 and 36 are my favs!!