Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas at the Cruthirds

Okay, so I know this is a little late, but I'm finally finding just a few minutes to post. We had a wonderful Christmas. It was so nice and relaxing. This is the first time in almost 10 years of marriage that we have not had to rush and be somewhere on Christmas Day. We slept until almost 8:00 and then opened presents with the kids. They were so precious and had a blast. It's so much fun to watch them get excited........what a joy to experience Christmas through the eyes of your children. I wasn't sure how they would react because they never really asked for anything for Christmas - I know it sounds crazy, but we just didn't play up Santa brings you lots of presents.....we tried to keep it simple and stay focused on Why we celebrate Christmas. After we opened our gifts, which took awhile because Santa wrapped EVERYTHING and we tried to open one at a time, Andy made us breakfast and then we spent the rest of the day lounging in our pjs, playing with all of the kids new toys, and snacking on all the "goodies" we had made. We had celebrated Christmas dinner 3 times in the past few days so we skipped the traditional Christmas lunch and I made corn chowder instead.....yummy!! I think we finally got dressed around 3:00 and then headed to the movies to see The Chipmunks.....it's too cute and if you haven't seen it you really should. We then went to my Moms and finished off all of the Christmas dinner leftovers. It was definitely a fun day for us all!


Sunday Church Service


The Cruthirds Family - Christmas 2007


Wow! What's in this Stocking?

Opening Presents



Help me open this, Please!

I think he likes it!

Hudson's favorite - a Saints Helmet


Is this one for me?

Thanks, Daddy, for helping me!

Are there any more presents around here?

2 comments:

steele family said...

love those pj's! Merry Christmas!!

Sounds like a great school you have them in.

Jennifer Walker said...

Sounds like a very fun Christmas Day to me! Merry Christmas!