Monday, April 21, 2008

Ella's Addiction

As most of you know Ella is completely addicted to her paci!! I was looking through the blog and noticed that in almost every picture I take of her she has a paci in her mouth. One paci is just not enough. She usually has one in her mouth and one in each hand. No matter how many she already has in her mouth or hand, if she sees another one she will grab it and if it's out of her reach she cries, "paci, paci....two paci". Well, this is how I found her this morning when I went to get her out of her bed. She even has a third paci in her right hand! Taking the paci away from this little girl is NOT going to be fun! I keep saying when she turns to we're getting rid of it, but as June fastly approaches I'm sooo not looking forward to it. I mean as long as she doesn't go to K5 with it we're okay, right! Just kidding, I've always said when a kid is old enough to take the paci out and speak in complete sentences then there's a problem. Brady was so easy to give up the paci and Hudson never took one. When the time comes, I'm sure it will be a complete nightmare....it's only April so we still have 2 months. So until then, have at it Ella!!






*Disclaimer: Hudson picked out Ella's pj's....note the blue striped boys pants....it was very sweet and thoughtful of him though!

4 comments:

NIKKI said...

Oh were my girls addicted to the paci. We cut it down to bed only and then took it away. It was one of the saddest things ever especially for Abigail. We borrowed the Odom family's idea of giving it to the baby birds...we didn't do it until a few months ago and they just turned 3!!!

The TAYLOR FAMILY said...

Oh Andi.. we are right there with you. I have been gradually taking it away. I said I would take it when she turned 2 as well. Here we are almost 2 1/2 and still with it. It breaks my heart when she starts looking for it. My neighbor just had a baby so I have been telling her we are giving them to baby Brady as a gift.. This seems to be working.. a little bit! MISS YOU!

steele family said...

I read that kids really need their security objects until they are 3. Page had hers until she turned 3 and I wish we had let Emma keep hers longer. I think we took it away too early. Good luck, it is such a hard thing to do.

Unknown said...

This makes me wish I'd let the girls keep theirs longer. So sweeet! But They are already so codependent...it would have been bad. Be on the lookout for a b'day party invitation from my girls this week :) Hope ya'll can come!!!