Thursday, April 10, 2008

Play Ball

Brady and Andy had their first baseball game on Tuesday night. Brady loves playing t-ball and loves the fact that his daddy and Uncle Shane are his coaches. He's in the 5yr T-ball league, but it's not strictly t-ball. I think this is the age they start trying teach the fundamentals of baseball. The coach throws 5 pitches and if they don't hit one of the five pitches they bring out the tee. I was so proud of our little team...they did GREAT! Only two players had to hit off the tee....I thought that was pretty impressive for 5 year olds. They were so proud of themselves too....you could just see their little faces light up when they made contact with the ball. Some of them were so excited they forgot what to do next....we had to yell, "run to first base." Brady got three great hits and even stopped the ball a few times (I'm not trying to be boastful....I'm just a proud momma). I was also so proud of my sweet little Hudson. You see, he's not old enough to play yet and he doesn't quite understand why...... he gets to play ball with his daddy and big brother all the time at home, so why not on the big field?? Well, Andy and I have been telling him that he can't go out on the field with Brady and his daddy during the games. I was so nervous that he would escape from me and run out onto the field during the game, but he did GREAT. He was so precious, he just stood at the fence in the dugout and watched the entire time. (Check out the picture below when he saw Brady hit the first ball....he was so excited for his big brother) You could see it in his eyes how he wanted to be on that field with his daddy, big brother, and cousin, Jacob; I guess all that "threatening" paid off. It actually almost made me cry to see him standing there watching, knowing how bad he wanted to be out on that field with his best buddies. I'm looking forward to the days when my sweet boys will playon the same team!


Fielding First Base

Hit me something....I'm ready!

Watching for the right pitch!

Here it is...

Wow! Brady just smoked that ball!!

Giving centerfield a try

Jacob, playing 2nd base

3 comments:

Justin and Lisa Rhodes said...

How sweet is that! Little Hudson brought a tear to my eye with that big ole smile for his big brother.
Luvs,
Lisa

NIKKI said...

AWWW soooo sweet. That is sooo cute that he is just dying to be out there!
I bet that first hit most have made you jump up and down!! It's so much fun watching them doing something for the first time and loving it!!!
Before you know it they will be out there together on the field!

steele family said...

that is so adorable! i remember my mom coaching my softball team when i was younger and my dad coaching my brother's teams. what great memories!