Thursday, August 14, 2008

First Day of School

Well, the day is almost over and I survived!! Today, my babies started school. Brady started Kindergarten and Hudson started K3. I can't believe they are both in school. My babies have turned into big boys!! They were so sweet this morning as they were getting ready for school. Brady kept telling Hudson what he was going to do when he got to school, where he would go, and he even told him when he'd go to recess....he's such a GREAT big brother!! (FYI - Hudson has Mrs. Jenkins, which was Brady's K3 teacher. She is AWESOME & we are soooooo excited to have her!!) Brady has Mrs. Cole and she is such a sweet, sweet lady. I'm so glad both of my boys got the teachers we had been praying for.....looks like we're in for another great year at PPCA. Hudson was so sweet this morning. He said, "Mommy, I don't want you to cry." So I was going to have to make it through the morning without crying in front of him. It was tough, but I did it. I think it helped that they were so excited about school and Hudson was especially excited about carpool -it's always the little things that make him happy. Andy & I both took them to school....and we were so proud of them when they kissed us bye, hopped out of the car at carpool, and went in like this was no big deal. My eyes were filled with tears and my heart overwhelmed with a multitude of emotions - joy, happiness, excitement, sadness, and even emptiness. The sadness & emptiness didn't last too long because I realized they're only gone until 11:30 each day and I still have Ella at home to keep me busy! I didn't get any great pictures because they were too excited to cooperate....you can see the excitement in Hudson's face in the picture below!!

Hudson, Brady, & Ella
My big school boys waiting for their turn in carpool
Getting out at carpool
I think Brady was trying to grab Hudson's hand and walk him inside!
Sweet Ella....where'd my bubbas go???

2 comments:

steele family said...

I love that first picture of the 3 kids. So sweet!

NIKKI said...

AWWW so sweet. I bet they love it!