Monday, August 11, 2008

Nascar's Newest Rookie!!

For our 10 year anniversary I gave Andy a trip to Indianapolis to attend the Richard Petty's Driving Experience. Well that trip actually turned into another "Anniversary Celebration". I originally planned to stay home that weekend and just Andy go and visit some friends in Indy. However, at the last minute we decided I should go and my sister said she'd watch the kids.....gotta love having a sis so close!!! I'm so glad I decided to go....we had a blast!! It was such a relaxing weekend. For the most part we just hung out with our friends-Brad, Erin, Brian B., Brian D., and Lauren. The weather was beautiful - no humidity!! I just loved sitting around outside doing nothing. However, we did manage to see a movie on Saturday then dinner at St. Elmo's steakhouse in downtown Indy and then went bowling. The driving experience was Sunday and I'm so glad I was there for that. I thought it was incredible just watching and experiencing it from pit row so I can't imagine how awesome it was for Andy. He was able to drive 8 laps around the Brickyard 400 (which is 2.5 miles long). He said it was an amazing experience and he definitely wants to do it again soon! I think next time I may opt for the ride along experience where you can ride 3 laps with a professional driver. I think I definitely scored a few "brownie points" for a while....he said for our 20 year anniversary we're going to Italy to race ferarri's!!! Of course I never had my camera with me except for when we were at the race track so most of the pics I have are of Andy and his driving experience.

Here's the one pic I got of Andy & his friends, sorry Brian D. you missed this one....so this is what the guys did while you worked!


Andy, Brian B., & Brad taking a spin in theSpeedster!

Suiting up!

Doesn't he look so cute in that suit!

Climbing in & getting ready to go!

A few last minute instructions...he looks a little nervous!


There he goes!

One of the pit crew grabbed my camera & took this picture

He then took this picture as Andy came around

Coming in to Pit Road!

2 comments:

Jennifer Walker said...

That looks like so much fun. What a great gift, Andi! Andy looks like he really is one of them too all dressed in his race suit!

The Potin Family said...

Andy... too scary. You look like a professional!! haha Andi - GREAT gift - how fun for him! :) I'm sure you DID earn a few brownie points!