Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Happy Memorial Day

I love Memorial Day weekend because it's usually a weekend we take to relax and hang out with family and friends. This year we did both! We headed to the Coast on Saturday for the day. Andy's dad is buried at the Veterans cemetery and they do a really nice flag display for Memorial Day. The grounds are nice anytime of year, but they're especially neat during the Memorial Day holiday. It makes you so proud of the men & women who serve our country. It reminds me of one of Andy's dad's favorite sayings, "I Love America". He was so proud to have served his country and such a great supporter of our military men and women. The flag display reminds me of the real reason we celebrate Memorial Day!


The entrance into Veterans Cemetery



Andy teaching the boys how to salute & the Pledge of Allegiance


Hudson taking a break from talking to Papaw in Heaven!

While on the coast we finally go to meet Jason and Angelle's newest addition, Andrew Thomas Lowery. He is such a cutie.......he's even more precious in person. I forget just how tiny newborns are. It's hard to believe he's 7 weeks old and weighs less than what Brady weighed at birth. For those of you who don't know, Brady weighed 10lbs 8 oz when he was born....he was the size of a 3 month old (and no I didn't have a section). Congrats Jason and Angelle he's beautiful!!


Me & Andrew



Me, the boys, and Andrew Thomas Lowery


We spent most of the day on Sunday and Monday at the pool. The weather was beautiful so we decided to get outdoors and soak up some of the sunshine. The water in the pool was a little cool, but the kids didn't seem to mind. Here are a few pics from the weekend. I hope everyone had a wonderful and fun weekend. Summer has begun!!






6 comments:

steele family said...

Ella looks so adorable in her hat and bathing suit! Glad you had a nice day, we had terrible weather here for almost 2 weeks now (I feel like i am living in New Orleans again)!

Jennifer Walker said...

Ella does look adorable in that swimsuit and hat. And does Hudson's swimsuit match hers?

Andi said...

Actually, all three of them have matching swimsuits!! Andy isn't too excited about that idea, but he really doesn't have much of a choice!! I thought it was too cute and just couldn't pass it up. I won't be able to match them next summer so I'm taking advantage of it while I can!

NIKKI said...

Oh I LOVE that they match!! TOOO CUTE!!! I was going to ask if you had all three of them matching suits.
Her hat is sooooooo cute!!!!!!

Angelle Lowery said...

We're so glad you were able to visit! Looks like the pool was lots of fun! Your children are too cute!

Unknown said...

The pic of the kids saluting...tears to my eyes!! What awesome parents you guys are!!