Thursday, June 14, 2007

Nine Years!

Andy and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary on Wednesday, June 13. WOW!! I still can't believe it's already been nine years. We celebrated with a nice dinner out and then a trip to Target (I know it's not very romantic, but hey we didn't have any kids with us and I had to get diapers and apple juice!!). We ended the night with ice cream from Marble Slab. It was nice to be out with Andy and actually be able to talk and enjoy our meal. I have the most wonderful husband in the world!! He is so thoughtful and always very helpful with the kids. I tried to reflect upon the past nine years and what we have experienced. Here's just a quick list of what we've been through:

  • Lived in 4 different cities (Brandon, Hattiesburg, Gulfport, Biloxi)
  • 8 different job changes between the two of us
  • Purchased 3 homes (one we built)
  • Purchased 4 vehicles
  • Adopted a dog (our first child - Mollie)
  • Had 3 children within four years
  • Hurricane Katrina (Andy's parent's home was severely damaged & several of our friends and family members lost their homes)
  • Experienced the loss of Andy's dad

Those are just the experiences that have had the most impact on our lives and our marriage. Everyday has not been fun nor easy, but we have grown closer through our experiences. I'm so blessed to have a husband who loves and values his family and makes us his number one priority. I can honestly say that every decision Andy has ever made, he has put me and my feelings first as he made his decision. Thank you Andy for the past 9 years.....You are such an amazing husband!! I love you!


June 13, 2007

order="0" />
June 13, 1998

7 comments:

Angelle Lowery said...

Happy Anniversary! We miss you!

steele family said...

Happy Anniversary! My marriage sounds a bit like yours, lol. And I agree that anything without the kids is a date, even if it is to Target!

christina polk said...

Happy Anniversary! Man how time flies. I totally understand the Target trip. I have pictures at Walgreens right now and do not have time to pick them up! glad yall had a great day!

The Hills said...

Happy Anniversary! And I love this song. Reminds me of my own wedding! Hope things are going well...

NIKKI said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
I LOVE dates to Target :) Anywhere with out the kids where you can have a full converstion is a great date!! :)

Jennifer Walker said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been 9 years. Y'all look like kids then...and now.

The TAYLOR FAMILY said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it has been 9 years! That is wonderful! We miss you so much!