Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Boys will be Boys!






So, this is what happens when you let your little boys play in the sandbox and then walk away for a few minutes! The boys and I had been outside playing and they decided they wanted to go play in the backyard. I went back there with them and watched Brady cross the monkey bars and played a little football with them. They went about playing and I decided to go clean out my car. I kept checking on them and they were playing so nicely in the backyard so I kept cleaning out my car. I then heard Brady come inside and ask for some water.....he's self sufficient so he got himself a glass of water. A few minutes went by and I hear Hudson come in and ask for water, well he helps himself to a bottle of water from the bottom of the fridge. I continue on and about five minutes later I hear Brady come through the door and in the backgroud I hear Hudson yelling, "get alot of water Brady....we need it!" In the back of my mind I knew they could not have been that thirsty, but they were playing so well together and I was getting so much accomplished (Ella was napping during all of this). So a few more minutes went by and I decided to go check to see what was going on....well I knew it was NOT going to be good when I walked into my kitchen and saw a trail of sand down my refrigerator and on my floor leading to the back door! Uh, oh this can't be good! Well, that's how I found them.....covered in sand! It wouldn't have been so bad had we not been going somewhere in about an hour. I couldn't help but laugh.....don't they look like they had sooo much fun! Hudson's response was,"we made yucky sand stuff, mommy, we made it for you". How sweet....Brady piped in with, "yeah, and it was lots of fun!" How could I be upset.....aren't boys suppose to play in the sand and get all dirty and muddy?

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's so funny!! They look like they had a ball and you're right..that's exactly what little boys are supposed to do. I know mine would have loved to join in on that fun!!!

Cherie said...

That is so cute! What boy doesn't like to get covered in sand?!

NIKKI said...

That is HYSTERICAL. I was on the phone with Shannon and made her go to your blog. We were both dying laughing. I bet they had the time of their lives in the wet sand :)

Jennifer Walker said...

That is hilarious! And how cute that they made something sweet for you.

Rocky Mountain Fighting Tigers said...

That is hilarious. I was crying I was laughing so hard!

steele family said...

that is so great that you could laugh! They look like they had a blast!