Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wedding Showers

Last month (I know I'm a little behind) my sister and I hosted a Bridal shower in honor of our soon to be sister-in-law, Jennifer. I think Ella had just as much fun as Jennifer. She helped Jennifer open a few gifts and then moved on to her true passion: purses, shoes and jewelry. Of course I was a little busy hosting and didn't get any pictures of this, but Ella took one ladies purse from the floor and put it on her shoulder, then took another ladies bracelet, and then tried to take another ladies shoes....please note that she did not politely ask for these things....Oh no, my kleptomaniac child stole them!! Here's a few pics from the shower.



The cake

Aunt Jennifer & Ella (yes, that's food in her mouth)

One of the many nice gifts she received

Ella helping open presents

Ella wearing the gloves I wore on my wedding day. My sister and I used our wedding dresses to decorate for the shower....that's my dress in the background!


That same night some of Jennifer's friends hosted a lingerie shower. It was a nice lingerie shower with lots of beautiful floral arrangements. I must say that this was by far one of the classiest lingerie showers I have attended; well, with the exception of the unexpected entertainmnet. That's right there was some entertainment, but trust me it was "clean". Unannounced to me or anyone else at the shower, my dear sweet husband was the entertainment for the night.....you read correctly.....he was the "entertainment" or "stripper". (Don't worry he didn't really strip.....it was clean, fun entertainment.....more of a joke to Jennifer. My mom & grandmother and Jennifer's mom & grandmother were there so I can assure you it was good clean fun....I don't think any of us there are the "stripper" type.)

Jennifer's mom had this great idea to play a joke on Jennifer, and every one else at the shower - including the hostesses. Gotta love Jennifer's mom Ms. Cythia...she's just nothing but FUN!! She thought it would be funny to make the night "unforgettable" and arrange for some entertainment for the night. For some reason she thought my husband would be perfect for the job. I guess b/c he's always joking and nothing embarrasses him (those of you who know Andy best know why she chose him). So she and Andy (along with the help of my sweet friend Misty - you know the one who always comes to my rescue) planned the whole thing. I had no prior knowledge of any of this. I found out when the the doorbell rang and in walks my husband dressed in scrubs with a boom box in his hand attempting to do some type of dancing to I'm Too Sexy. He did rip off his scrubs, but don't worry he had shorts and a shirt underneath....and he didn't know what to do after that point. Everyone was laughing so hard...I think because he's such a terrible dancer and has absolutely no rhythm that they felt so sorry for him. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life....it was too funny. He was such a great sport about the whole thing and laughed just as hard as we did. Needless to say my husband does not need to quit his day job.....we would definitely STARVE!! These are the only pics I managed to get....I was too busy laughing.



One of the many beautiful flower arrangements

The entertainment!

Trying to figure out his "sound system"

Jennifer realizing this was my husband....her soon to be brother-in-law!

I think she was a little relieved that it was Andy playing a joke on her and not a real stripper!

2 comments:

NIKKI said...

That is HYSTERICAL! I bet you were quite suprised.

Amanda Wells said...

What? Andy's not shy???
So funny. I can only imagine.